Spread your wingz, fly further, get hold of your dreams!

今すぐ飛び立つ! ココロの羽を広げて また見ぬ 未来へ

Saturday 19 July 2008

盆踊り2008

Well, this post is supposed to be posted last Saturday. But the crappy Wi-Fi prevented me from posting this. So this is what happened:

3.30 p.m., I was going to the bathroom when my couain called. She was in the area I'm living already, ready to pick me up. So I took my shower quickly and went out after changing my clothes. I called her 2 days ago, asking for a favour, that is to bring me to 松下体育館 / Penasonic Stadium as there will be 盆踊り festival being held. Never went to the festival before, only watched it in the TV, so I decided not to let the chance fly by.

As I was walking out of my dorm, I saw this:

I don't know how it ended up there, but Oh Well, just take a picture of it xD

Arrived at the stadium at about 4.30 p.m. I think. The crowd is already growing. We got to get a fan each when entering the stadium. I went around the stalls set up at the stadium. Most of them are Japanese food, snacks and drinks. There are also free food samples for you to have a taste. There was a rehearsal before the real thing, at the stage in the middle of the stadium.



Rehearsal.


The crowd in the stadium, some are wearing 着物 too!

Half of the crowd are non-Japanese, though you can identify Japanese in the crowd. The 2008 盆踊り festival is the 32nd here, and is organised by The Japan Club of KL, The Japanese School of KL and also the Embassy of Japan. I went around with my classmates another time when they came. Linear and I bought an ice-cream each, I think it is red bean flavour and the sweetness is unbeatable LOL. Linear went on a feasting streak even though he just ate Sushi before coming here.

At last, the festival is starting. Some of the crowds sat on the spectator's seat, while some made a circle around the stage where the performance will be. Most of the crowd are at the stalls though. Everyone danced with the performers (I mean the crowd making a circle) and it was fun, with the harmonic atmosphere in the air. Can't get a clear picture since too many people are on the grounds.



Here is a random shot:



I then left at about 8.30 p.m. It was tiring, but it was quite fun!!


Sincerely,
Blue-Wingz

No comments: