Spread your wingz, fly further, get hold of your dreams!

今すぐ飛び立つ! ココロの羽を広げて また見ぬ 未来へ

Monday 29 December 2008

Internet Explorer 8 BETA 2

I just found out that Micrsoft had already realeased Internet Explorer 8 BETA 2 in August, so I went to download it yesterday. I know it is a BETA version, but at least it is the second BETA, where most of the common bugs are fixed compared to the first BETA version. Well, after installing and rebooting, I quickly try my hands on the new IE.

The design is more or less the same as IE7, but it has an extra row of commands. There are also few more added functions, such as translating a sentence with Windows Live. Another function, the Compatibility View function, located at the left side of the Refresh button, enable us to view websites designed for older generation of web browsers.


Another thing that I like the most is the InPrivate function. Just press Control + Shift + P, and a new page will be launched with the InPrivate icon beside the Smart Address Bar (that is what they call it for IE8), or you can click Safety > InPrivate Browsing at the top right corner of the browser. What does this InPrivate thing do? This function enable you to view pages without saving cookies, temporary Internet files, history and other datas. This helps prevent the websites you previously visit to automatically share info with other sites, so that web surfing is safer.


The only thing that I'm not satisfied is that it creates another task in task manager, slowing down your computer. Suppose you launch an IE and open a tab (Control + T), the process in task manager should only show one iexplorer.exe (as in IE7), but for IE8, it shows 2 iexplorer.exe, eating up more than 100M of memory if there are two tabs (shown in image below). Maybe this is what Microsoft forgot when they are developing IE8. I hope that this problem will be fixed when the real IE8 is released.


If you feel like it, you can try download it and try it out yourself. As for me, I'm quite satisfied with it. I don't think it will validate your Windows since it did not validate mine xD. For more info, get it from:
Download Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 without WGA Validation

**P/s: It seems like I found an error. When I copy an address and paste it in the Smart Address Bar, IE8 crashes. I don't know about it, but is anyone encountering the same problem?

Sincerely,
Blue-Wingz

No comments: