Spread your wingz, fly further, get hold of your dreams!

今すぐ飛び立つ! ココロの羽を広げて また見ぬ 未来へ

Thursday 28 January 2010

I never thought this will happen. I know Japan is being hit hard by the recent recession, but one of the largest carrier in Asia filing for bankruptcy protection was really shocking. People expect new resolution from a new year, but this doesn't seem to be a good resolution.

As reported on 19 January, Japan Airlines, or JAL in short, announced that they are bankrupt. Even their board members have decided resigning, causing roughly 15,600 to loose their jobs. As of 19 January, the shares of JAL is only 10% of the previous week, and now the whole value of the company is only $150m, barely enough for a jumbo jet.

Japanese government announced that flights will still continue as they are restructuring the company. Plans of replacing older aircrafts and flying routes are being made (about 12 international destinations).

I heard from my brother that their service were damn good, and wanted to try it someday... But anyway, Delta Airlines has issued a statement to help JAL out, with the condition that they have to join SkyTeam and leave OneWorld.

You can read more about it HERE or HERE.


*************************************************************************************

Just finished both my CHM and MCB lab reports. Feeling very tired right now. What Ray told me just now:

"We have a good network indeed. Although Kent's country is damn rich because he has a lot of oil, he still need my country. My country has only water, so we need your (referring to me) country. Your country have technology to process crude oil while Fukuyama's country is an entrepot, dealing with packaging and exporting."


Having 8am class later, so I guess I'll stop here.


By,
Blue-Wingz

2 comments:

Carmen Chu said...

Yeah it really surprised me when I read about JAL appealing for bankruptcy last week. I thought it was a god-like company in the world's of airline that such adversity would never befall on it. Oh well. Koreanair FTW!

Blū3-W|ngZ said...

LOL! air asia 'ftw'!! xD